Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Opfor

Opfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really nice
Default Hotkeys

After a nearly 2 year break I return and for the life of me I cant remember how to make a decent Hotkey for things like HT, LT, Deflection, Gorgon Skin, basically any thing. Yes I am a complete tard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Opfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Be more specific about what you want it to do. WTF is a "decent hotkey" and how the fuck does it differ from what I guess would be a "shitty hotkey"?

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Opfor

Opfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really niceOpfor is just really nice

Ok I deserved that one. Primarily harm Touch, that also activates Unholy Aura. At the moment I have /disc Unholy Aura /pause 1 /alt activate 6000 Pretty simple, should I be concerned about adding anything. Lag seems to be a non issue so pause of 1 so far has been ok, but as I said I am out of practice. Although my FD hotkey doesn't quite work as well as I remember, at the moment it is: /stand /alt activate 7756 /pause 1 /alt activate 428

The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Khat Nip

Khat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond repute

Unholy Aura is no longer linked to Harm Touch as it used to be. They have independent and unrelated functions now. Harm Touch is an initial DD + 42 second DoT. (nothing augments this damage) Unholy Aura increases spell damage from lifetaps 100% while it's running.

Khat Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Deflection Disc: 1. make a bandoleer of your 1h and shield, called for example: 1h 2. make a hotkey with the following: /timer 2400 (or /timer 2000 if you have full hastened deflection AAs) /bondolier activate 1h /disc deflection a social for gorgon mantle/carapace are not required, unless you want to add some kind of message to using those discs, in which case it would just be: /timer (450 for carapace, 900 for mantle) /disc carapace/mantle /channel 'blah blah' personally, the one for deflection is the only social that i ever use, for the rest it's sufficient to just make a hotkey out of the ability directly.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Opfor

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

/pet attack /hidecorpse all /hidecorpse looted

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Khat Nip

Khat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond repute

/timer 140 /alt act 824 /alt act 531 Hatestep then AA Invis immediately after. Something else I do to see how far away mobs are from me that I'm kiting is using the Title Window (SHIFT-T by default). This view is basically looking behind you as if you have eyes in the back of your head. I typically keep that title box as small as possible so whenever I hit shift-t it's basically like having a rear-view mirror. Another shift-t or ESC puts you back to normal view.

Khat Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Opfor

all great ideas thanks much.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
Hostil

Hostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the roughHostil is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsin Rain View Post
Deflection Disc: 1. make a bandoleer of your 1h and shield, called for example: 1h 2. make a hotkey with the following: /timer 2400 (or /timer 2000 if you have full hastened deflection AAs) /bondolier activate 1h /disc deflection
Think the /timer for full hastened should be 1200 instead of 2000. Base reuse of deflection is 40 min or 2400 seconds with 10 ranks of hastened brings reuse to 20 min or 1200.
Hostil is offline   Reply With Quote